We look after your details carefully. We adhere strictly to data protection laws. This policy describes how we collect, use and look after the information you provide us when you enquire about and use our services.
This policy may change from time to time as our processes change over time, which will be reflected in this document.
The information we collect includes:
1. Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through any means including forms and email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
2. Your marketing preferences.
3. Your email activity.
4. Your IP address, browser type and browsing activity whilst on our website. Your IP address is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the website.
5. We also store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our site in future. We do this to recognise you and your preferred settings, and it saves you from re-entering information on return visits to the site. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at the About Cookies website.
Any personal information we collect about you will be used in accordance with the data protection laws. The details we collect will be used:
1. To process your enquiry and application and to provide future services.
2. To keep you up to date with the latest information about planning your retirement, product updates and special offers. You can opt-out at any point.
3. To personalise content on our website.
4. To administer competitions and prize draws.
5. To carry out market research.
6. For the collection of case studies about our customers.
7. To tailor our services better to your needs.
Any personal data you provide to us during the course of an enquiry where you have not specified that you do not wish to be contacted in future will be retained and processed in order that we can keep you up to date with our services.
If you notify us that you do not wish to be contacted (either at the point of enquiry or subsequently).
These retention periods also apply to the personal data of third parties acting on behalf of a customer, eligible complainants and beneficiaries, attorneys or related persons for estate planning purposes.
You have the right to:
If you believe that we are not processing your information correctly you should contact our Data Protection Officer.
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of your information. As such any information collected via our website is encrypted and delivered to us through a secure environment and protected using robust security methods. We maintain a comprehensive information security management system which ensures industry standard technical and administrative controls are in place for the protection of customer data.
Please note that there is no guarantee that any email sent will be received, or that the contents of any such email will remain private or unaltered during Internet transmission. For this reason we will not include any of your personal information by email without your prior permission, but will usually respond to your enquiries by telephone or post. If you have any such concerns, you may prefer to telephone or write to us instead. We accept no liability for any damages you or others may suffer as a result of the alteration or loss of confidentiality of any such information.